Price Match GuaranteeIf within 15 days of purchasing an item from us you see a lower current price at a competing authorized dealer which is in-stock and ready to ship we will refund the difference.
sentiment_satisfied_alt Our customers love us
attach_moneyFREE same day shipping
timelapseFast 1 page checkout
Easy returns using our pre-paid labelsReturn shipping for exchanges is FREE and only $7.95 to return for refund if you use our pre-paid label. Items returned in used condition will receive store credit that never expires.
The Strassburg Sock is an easy to use, inexpensive device is designed to keep tension on the tissue (plantar fascia) so it heals in a stretched position at night. In this way many users find a reduction of their morning pain, some have noticed a reduced recovery time and yet others have reduced the need for medications.
When worn as prescribed, it does not allow the plantar fascia to contract while in the prone or supine position. The device holds the ankle and forefoot joints in a position of slight dorsiflexion that prevents a position of plantarflexion, that is the plantar fascia is not allowed to contract.
In addition the involuntary stretching of the plantar fascia over a long period of time helps to strengthen the foot's arch.
The device consists of a tubular knit material that fits "over the calf" with 2 attached adjustable straps to maintain the foot in a neutral to slightly stretched position. When worn at night the device will apply a force which results in the reduction and/or elimination of the pain felt during those first steps in the morning.
Advantages of the "Strassburg Sock":
- It is very easy to use.
- It does not lock the ankle joint into any one position thus allowing some movement between the various joints preventing possible joint compression pain.
- It can be safely worn for several hours without adverse effect when applied properly.
- It can be worn to bed, provides no significant restrictions and will not interrupt normal sleep if worn as directed.
- It is an effective device providing low cost relief of heel spur symptoms.
- It can reduce/eliminate the pain experienced with the first morning steps.
- It can, over a period of time, strengthen the arch of the foot.
- It can supplement and not interfere with the various traditional doctor's treatment.
Sizing (Measure AROUND calf at the widest point):
- Regular size: Fits calf size up to 16 inches
- Large size: Fits calf size 16 to 21 inches